March 15, 2012
Founded in 1926, St Paul’s High School is a Catholic, independent university preparatory school for young men owned and operated by the Society of Jesus—the Jesuits in English Canada.
Part of a worldwide network of Jesuit schools recognized for excellence in education, spiritual formation and leadership, St Paul's has its roots in a system that reaches back more than 450 years to the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius de Loyola and the first Jesuit school founded in Messina, Italy, in 1548.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, and working closely with the Advancement and Administration teams, the Communications Officer will
- Develop and oversee the implementation of external and internal publications including the Crusader Magazine, the Annual Giving Report and the Annual Giving Appeal letter
- Be responsible for the preparation and distribution of the School’s external communications including, but not limited to, the e-newsletter, the external website, social media, and all public communication from the President, Principal and Director of Advancement, such as press releases and situation management
- Coordinate and execute brand development, image management and articulation
- Write internal communications material and manage content on the School’s intranet
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the community and key constituents
Experience and relevant skills include
- A university degree or post-secondary diploma in communications or public relations
- Three to five years communications experience; experience in an independent school environment an asset
- Attention to detail and superior writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in graphic design utilising programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comfort with content management systems and social media applications
- Demonstrated ability to manage different projects simultaneously and work as part of a team
- A second language considered an asset
- Strong religious conviction and practice would be an asset
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and encourage ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward a letter of application, a detailed résumé, professional references and a sample of written work, by Friday, 30 March, 2012, to
Shawn Alwis ’00
Director of Advancement & Alumni Affairs
St Paul’s High School
2200 Grant Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3P 0P8
To learn more about St Paul’s High School, please visit our website at www.stpauls.mb.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.